Starting a document is hard, AND writing an intro is hard. So don't try and do both at once.
That first sentence just won't come. And you're beginning to sweat because you know the stakes.
- immediately hook people
- set the tone for your whole piece
- summarise all the key points
- set people up for your call to action
So what do you do? First, let's start with what NOT to do.
- don't keep struggling
- don't imagine you're the only one having this issue
- don't give up
- don't fall down a YouTube hole
Write everything else.
Let the process of writing the rest of the draft give you clarity on how to condense the key points, and what metaphor, story and hard data are going to grab your readers by the eye sockets.